Growing Company Expands Team & Services
Join Our Team!
2017 was a year of records for SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett:
1. Record number of jobs.
2. Record level of service.
3. Record variety of service.
4. Record personnel growth.
With the addition of mold services, commercial emergency services, and an increase in residential involvement, SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett has experienced a full circle of growth. Our depth of knowledge and service has grown to incorporate new abilities to impact our communities in a positive way, and just in time. The significant rains received in the spring created a higher demand for mold remediation than we have seen in the past. Our team was ready to step in and help the members of Rockwall and surrounding communities.
Through the increase in services offered, and demand for work, we are proud to say that we are expanding our staff. SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett looks to double our service crew members available to help our communities. In addition, we also added a licensed Mold Contractor for all your mold remediation needs.
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett considers these accomplishments as shining examples of how we support our communities in multiple ways. From helping homeowners restore their properties after damage, to assisting business owners in returning back to business "Like it never even happened." to offering job opportunities and bright futures to more people than ever, we celebrate our growth and look forward to continuing our growth into the years to come.
Mold can spread through a home in less than 48 hours!
Mold spores in a residential property
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 214-607-1900
Christmas Tree Safety Tips
Christmas Tree Catching Fire
Don’t let Christmas ever heat up too much — with fire that is. Did you know that Christmas trees alone result in 13 million dollars, annually, in property damage? More importantly, these fires present real risk towards family and friends. When showcasing a live tree in your home, the combination of tree dryness, electrical malfunction with lights and poorly located heating sources can make for a deadly combination.
BUT IF YOUR HOLIDAY IS JUST NOT COMPLETE WITHOUT A LIVE TREE, FOLLOW THESE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS TO KEEP THREATS AT BAY:
- Fresh trees are less likely to catch fire, so look for a tree with vibrant green needles that are hard to pluck and don’t break easily from its branches. The tree shouldn’t be shedding its needles readily.
- Always place your tree away from heat sources like fireplaces, radiators, candles, heat vents or lights, and keep the tree base filled with water to avoid a dry out.
- Make sure all your indoor and outdoor Christmas lights have been tested in a lab by the UL or ETL/ITSNA for safety, and throw out any damaged lights.
- Any lights you use outdoors must be labeled suitable for exterior placement, and be sure to plug them into a ground-fault circuit interrupter protected receptacle.
- Keep all your holiday candles away from your Christmas tree, surrounding furniture and décor.
- Bedtime means lights off! Don’t forget to turn your Christmas tree lights off each night.
When your tree begins to drop its needles, it’s time to say goodbye to your evergreen foliage until next year. So this year, follow our guidelines to avoid being another statistic in the National Fire Protection Association or United States Fire Administration report during the upcoming holiday season.
9 Tips to Keep Your Home Secure from Christmas Burglars This Holiday Season
Christmas season is the best time of the year. It’s a time for family, friends, and lots of merriment. Sadly, statistics also indicate that burglaries around this time of the year spike exponentially. This has a lot to do with the fact that burglars are aware that there are lots of gifts in the house and probably extra money lying around. According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) over 400,000 burglaries take place during the holiday season.
Keeping all of that in mind, we’ve put together a list of tips for you to protect your home and keep it secure during the holidays.
1. Make Sure Gifts Aren’t Visible From Outside
It’s such a common sight during this time of the year – a frosted window from which you can see a beautiful Christmas tree all lit up, with dozens of gifts underneath it. This sight is enough to make a potential burglar size up your house. With all those gifts in plain sight, how are they supposed to resist?
That’s why you need to make sure that your tree and the gifts underneath it are not visible from outside. Remove temptation and you reduce the chances of becoming a burglary victim.
2. Watch What You Post on Social Media
Potential burglars are like hawks on social media. They look through posts seeking out information on the types of gifts people have gotten, or when they plan to leave their homes for Christmas shopping or for vacation.
The information you choose to post online can be used against you. Therefore, take care not to post about valuables that may be in your home under the Christmas tree, or when the house will be empty.
3. Be Careful About Disposing of Packaging
If you’ve gotten gifts during the holiday season, you may get so caught up with enjoying them that you don’t pay attention to disposing of the packaging. If you put the packaging out in the trash, which will then be sitting by the curb waiting to be picked up, you’re basically telling the whole world what sort of gifts are inside.
Burglars are always on the lookout for such garbage items. That’s why you need to be very careful about disposing the packaging.
4. Don’t Run External Lights through a Window
Those pretty lights which adorn the exterior of your home need to be plugged in, right? Correct! Just make sure that you don’t run their wires through a window or door leading inside. That little wedge that the wire will leave is all a burglar needs to pry their way in.
5. Make Sure Your Home is Well-Lit
Remember, thieves and burglars love operating under the protection of darkness. When visibility is low, they can do whatever they please while knowing that no one will be able to see what they are up to.
If your house is well-lit, the chances of any ‘funny business’ taking place on your property are reduced. Make sure you have floodlights or motion activated lighting around the exterior of your home.
6. Put Your Lights on a Timer
Another quirk that burglars are known for is getting down the perfect time to break into a home. They do this by waiting for signs of inactivity or absence of occupants. One tell-tale sign that broadcasts that no one is home is when the lights are off.
That’s why you should put your Christmas lights, as well as some lights on the interior and exterior of your home on a timer. With these lights on, a burglar won’t feel so sure about the fact that your house is empty.
7. Make Use of Motion Sensors
Motion sensors trip when they detect movement around a certain perimeter. They can activate lights, or an alarm. Setting up motion sensors on your property is a good way to effectively deter anyone from breaking into your home.
8. Be Wary of Door to Door Donation Seekers
During the holiday season, you’ll have Christmas carolers come to your door, as well as people seeking donations for various charitable causes. The unfortunate thing is that you can’t really be sure about whether these individuals actually do represent the organizations that they claim to. It could be a sham where they try to get some money out of you, or they may carry out some form of a survey from which they can try to determine when would be the best time to break into you home.
Caution: Be wary, do not give out any personal information, and don’t give out any money without properly ascertaining their credentials.
9. Secure Your Home
Last but not least, make sure your home is secure during the holiday season. Check your windows and doors to make sure all locks are intact. If you don’t have one already, invest in a home security system which will protect your home and your family.
Christmas season is a merry and busy time. Unfortunately, burglars and thieves try to cash in on the spoils of the season by burglarizing homes. For this reason, you should take proper steps to ensure that your home is secure from all possible threats. By taking these steps, you can effectively reduce the chances of becoming a victim to a burglary.
Are You Ready?
The Best Way to Reduce Business Interruption Following a Disaster is to Plan For it NOW.
As many as 50% of businesses may never recover following a disaster, according to the latest industry research. Of the businesses that survive, the overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place. Pre-planning can serve as an insurance policy aimed at peace of mind.
By developing a SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile for your business, you minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
Are You Ready?
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster, whether it’s a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood. The best time for planning for such events is not when the event happens, but well before it happens. No one ever plans on a disaster, but you can plan for it. Now is the time to ask yourself, “Are you ready for whatever could happen?” The SERVPRO® Emergency READY Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. By working with SERVPRO’s Emergency READY Profile, your business will receive the benefit of over 40 years of experience in reducing the impact of any natural or man-made disaster. SERVPRO® is a leader in water and fire damage response and can help you quickly get your property back in working order.
Call Us Today To Get Started!
Hurricane Harvey - Houston TX
Some of our crew members leaving for Houston to help with clean-up efforts after Hurricane Harvey.
When Storms or Floods hit Houston, SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett was ready!
Our highly trained crews were ready to respond immediately following the devastating flooding that occurred due to Hurricane Harvey.
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit any city, we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 214-607-1900
Flooded Warehouse in Terrell, TX
A machine hose broke causing extensive water damage in this warehouse!
A machine hose in the warehouse of this large facility malfunctioned causing a large amount of flooding within the entire warehouse and many of the offices as well. The leak was not found until workers showed up on Monday morning. A significant amount of water had to be pumped out of the warehouse and extracted from the office areas.
SERVPRO® of Rockwall/Rowlett was immediately called for emergency services in the aid of this building. The picture shows how much water we were dealing with upon arrival. Our crews sprung into action, provided a one-hour response time, and began mitigated this loss.
Due to the large amount of equipment that was used on this job we also placed our large generator to be able to hold the amps of the equipment needed. Just another reason SERVPRO can take care of any size loss.
For any size water damage, give SERVPRO® of Rockwall/Rowlett a call. 214-607-1900
What to Do Until Help Arrives
Fire from overheated electrical item in the home.
FIRE AND SMOKE DAMAGE:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot
- particles from being embedded into upholstery
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
- Wash both sides of leaves on house plants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered
furniture without first consulting your
SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper
cleaning may set in smoke odor.
For Immediate Service... Call SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett
We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: www.SERVPROrockwall.com
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
OPEN HOUSE / RIBBON CUTTING
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett - Open House/Ribbon Cutting
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett would like to thank everyone for attending our Open House and Ribbon Cutting event on June 8th at our new Rowlett location. Having each of you there and with your support made the event successful and memorable. With your support SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett continues to grow with amazing friendships, adventures and success.
Special thanks to the Rowlett Chamber of Commerce and their continued support of local businesses.
We also would like to thank our other guests who shared the time with us. We had great food, networking, facility tours and door prizes.
Thank you to everyone who participated!!!
Thanks again for showing up and helping to launch the new facility. We look forward to working with friends and neighbors for all their Restoration needs.
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett is always "Here to Help!" Give us a call, we are available 24/7/365 for any and all emergency service needs!