Flooded Warehouse in Terrell, TX
A machine hose broke causing extensive water damage in this warehouse!
A machine hose in the warehouse of this large facility malfunctioned causing a large amount of flooding within the entire warehouse and many of the offices as well. The leak was not found until workers showed up on Monday morning. A significant amount of water had to be pumped out of the warehouse and extracted from the office areas.
SERVPRO® of Rockwall/Rowlett was immediately called for emergency services in the aid of this building. The picture shows how much water we were dealing with upon arrival. Our crews sprung into action, provided a one-hour response time, and began mitigated this loss.
Due to the large amount of equipment that was used on this job we also placed our large generator to be able to hold the amps of the equipment needed. Just another reason SERVPRO can take care of any size loss.
For any size water damage, give SERVPRO® of Rockwall/Rowlett a call. 214-607-1900
What to Do Until Help Arrives
Fire from overheated electrical item in the home.
FIRE AND SMOKE DAMAGE:
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot
- particles from being embedded into upholstery
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls and woodwork.
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery and carpet traffic areas.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets, trim and appliances, then protect these surfaces with a light coating of lubricant.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
- Wash both sides of leaves on house plants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting your SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered
furniture without first consulting your
SERVPRO® Franchise Professional.
- Attempt to clean any electrical appliances (TV sets, radios, etc.) that may have been close to fire, heat or water without first consulting an authorized repair service.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
- Send garments to the dry cleaner. Improper
cleaning may set in smoke odor.
For Immediate Service... Call SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett
We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: www.SERVPROrockwall.com
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
OPEN HOUSE / RIBBON CUTTING
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett - Open House/Ribbon Cutting
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett would like to thank everyone for attending our Open House and Ribbon Cutting event on June 8th at our new Rowlett location. Having each of you there and with your support made the event successful and memorable. With your support SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett continues to grow with amazing friendships, adventures and success.
Special thanks to the Rowlett Chamber of Commerce and their continued support of local businesses.
We also would like to thank our other guests who shared the time with us. We had great food, networking, facility tours and door prizes.
Thank you to everyone who participated!!!
Thanks again for showing up and helping to launch the new facility. We look forward to working with friends and neighbors for all their Restoration needs.
SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett is always "Here to Help!" Give us a call, we are available 24/7/365 for any and all emergency service needs!
Frozen Pipes can break causing extensive water damage!
Frozen pipes breaking from freezing weather
Why Pipe Freezing is a Problem
Water has a unique property in that it expands as it freezes. This expansion puts tremendous pressure on whatever is containing it, including metal or plastic pipes. No matter the "strength" of a container, expanding water can cause pipes to break. Pipes that freeze most frequently are those that are exposed to severe cold, like outdoor hose bibs, swimming pool supply lines, water sprinkler lines, and water supply pipes in unheated interior areas like basements and crawl spaces, attics, garages, or kitchen cabinets. Pipes that run against exterior walls that have little or no insulation are also subject to freezing.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
Before the onset of cold weather, prevent freezing of these water supply lines and pipes by following these recommendations:
- Drain water from swimming pool and water sprinkler supply lines following manufacturer's or installer's directions. Do not put antifreeze in these lines unless directed. Antifreeze is environmentally harmful, and is dangerous to humans, pets, wildlife, and landscaping.
- Remove, drain, and store hoses used outdoors. Close inside valves supplying outdoor hose bibs. Open the outside hose bibs to allow water to drain. Keep the outside valve open so that any water remaining in the pipe can expand without causing the pipe to break.
- Check around the home for other areas where water supply lines are located in unheated areas. Look in the basement, crawl space, attic, garage, and under kitchen and bathroom cabinets. Both hot and cold water pipes in these areas should be insulated.
- Consider installing specific products made to insulate water pipes like a "pipe sleeve" or installing UL-listed "heat tape," "heat cable," or similar materials on exposed water pipes. Newspaper can provide some degree of insulation and protection to exposed pipes – even ¼” of newspaper can provide significant protection in areas that usually do not have frequent or prolonged temperatures below freezing.
During Cold Weather, Take Preventative Action
- Keep garage doors closed if there are water supply lines in the garage.
- Open kitchen and bathroom cabinet doors to allow warmer air to circulate around the plumbing. Be sure to move any harmful cleaners and household chemicals up out of the reach of children.
- When the weather is very cold outside, let the cold water drip from the faucet served by exposed pipes. Running water through the pipe - even at a trickle - helps prevent pipes from freezing.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature both during the day and at night. By temporarily suspending the use of lower nighttime temperatures, you may incur a higher heating bill, but you can prevent a much more costly repair job if pipes freeze and burst.
- If you will be going away during cold weather, leave the heat on in your home, set to a temperature no lower than 55° F.
To Thaw Frozen Pipes
- If you turn on a faucet and only a trickle comes out, suspect a frozen pipe. Likely places for frozen pipes include against exterior walls or where your water service enters your home through the foundation.
- Keep the faucet open. As you treat the frozen pipe and the frozen area begins to melt, water will begin to flow through the frozen area. Running water through the pipe will help melt ice in the pipe.
- Apply heat to the section of pipe using an electric heating pad wrapped around the pipe, an electric hair dryer, a portable space heater (kept away from flammable materials), or by wrapping pipes with towels soaked in hot water. Do not use a blowtorch, kerosene or propane heater, charcoal stove, or other open flame device.
- Apply heat until full water pressure is restored. If you are unable to locate the frozen area, if the frozen area is not accessible, or if you can not thaw the pipe, call a licensed plumber.
- Check all other faucets in your home to find out if you have additional frozen pipes. If one pipe freezes, others may freeze, too.
- Consider relocating exposed pipes to provide increased protection from freezing.
- Pipes can be relocated by a professional if the home is remodeled.
- Add insulation to attics, basements and crawl spaces. Insulation will maintain higher temperatures in these areas.
Call SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett with all your water damage needs! 214-607-1900
Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Smoke and Soot Damage Can Cause a Pervasive Odor in Your Home.
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Rockwall/Rowlett will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 214-607-1900
Mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours!
Mold Growth in bathroom behind cabinets
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 214-607-1900
2015 Garland/Rowlett Tornado
Tornado Damage - Rowlett, TX
This month marks the 1 year anniversary of the devastating tornado that swept through Garland and Rowlett the day after Christmas 2015. Many residents hit by the storm are still displaced.
As a proud sponsor of the American Red Cross, we feel it is vital to give back to the community. As we all know, our world can be turned upside down in a matter of minutes.
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org
Outstanding Crew Members
At SERVPRO® of Rockwall/Rowlett, we feel we have one of the best teams around. Our crew members are available 24/7/365 to take care of all your emergency service needs. Through-out their day, our crews wear many different hats and tackle the job at hand! We are proud that we have such an amazing team here at SERVPRO® of Rockwall/Rowlett.
Being a part of the restoration and emergency service industry, the crews get called out at all hours of the night. We are proud to have such a great group of guys and gals, willing to take on this task. There are times when our crews have to miss holidays with their families in order to service our customers. They always do it with a smile! We are very proud of our team!!
Let us take care of all your Restoration needs!
Flooded 4 Story Apartment Building in Rowlett, TX
Response Vehicle responding to the 4 story flood.
A plumbing line malfunction on the 4th floor of the this under construction apartment complex caused flooding from the 4th floor all the way down to the 1st floor garage area. After only 12 hours of water migration, the water had already affected insulation, drywall, kitchen cabinets and flooring through out 12 separate units.
SERVPRO® of Rockwall/Rowlett was called upon to dry out the structure. The picture shows our response team vehicles in front of the damaged structure. We immediately deployed our crews and provided a one-hour response time, eliminating further water migration and secondary damage to the building.
The contractor was thrilled and he said "We were very impressed with the response time of the crews and how well they took control of the situation."